For 2 (as a main dish):
- 6 small endives
- 3 Roma tomatoes
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 handfuls half walnuts
- 1 handful black olives
- 1 finely sliced scallion
- 3 tablespoons vinaigrette dressing
- If the endives are small, no need to remove the core. Simply slice them into 1" segments. The leaves will fall apart by themselves. Cut the core into 4 pieces.
- Cut the tomatoes into 4 wedges then in 2 again.
- Cut the eggs into 4 wedges.
- Slice the scallion thinly (use the white part and some of the tender green but not the whole length of it).
- Add the walnuts and olives.
- Toss with the salad dressing.
Another popular endive salad is made with cubed Gruyère cheese, green apple slices, walnuts (and endives).