Happy holidays everyone!
For about 40 cookies (depending on their thickness and the size of your cookie cutters)
- 250 g (2 cups) flour
- 200 g (1 cup) sugar
- 125 g (1/2 cup or just over 1 stick) butter
- 1 clementine
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 or 2 egg yolks
- Cut the butter in small pieces and allow it to warm up to room temperature (you can use a microwave for a few seconds).
- Combine the butter, sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Rub the ingredients between your hands to obtain a uniform "sand."
- Squeeze the clementine. Add half of the juice to the flour mix and briefly kneed with your hands. Add more juice as needed to obtain a shiny, elastic dough that doesn't stick to your hands. Shape dough into a ball. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Roll the dough down to 3 or 4 millimeters. Cut out shapes. Place on a non-stick cookie sheet (or use parchment paper). Lightly brush each cookie with egg yolk.
- Bake in a 360ºF (180ºC) oven for 10-12 minutes, until golden. Keep an eye on the cookies as they will rapidly change color. Uneven oven temperature and uneven cookie thickness will make them cook more or less rapidly.
- Let the cookies cool down and enjoy, or store in a metal box for later.