I thought it would be fun to explain some of them (the cream of the crop!) in this blog, along with pictures and a recipe if possible. Here is the list of previously posted idioms. Click on any of them to get the full explanation!
If you want to share your favorite French or English idioms, please do so! Leave a comment!
- C'est du gâteau - It's a piece of cake
- C'est pas de la tarte - It's not a piece of cake
- La moutarde me monte au nez - I'm loosing my temper
- Faire le poireau (or poireauter) - To wait
- Mettre son grain de sel - To put one's two cents in
Clotilde had a similar idea and is now posting tons of delightful "edible idioms" on Chocolate and Zucchini. Check them out!